To move our region forward, investment in the expertise and facilities needed for advanced and innovative research is crucial. By combining great ideas and Mason’s passion to discover with your generous support, together we can make IDIA a world-class example of a transformative public-private partnership.
By making a gift of any size, whether through an annual commitment or over multiple years, your company can help Mason build the future of IDIA-HQ. Our team will work with you to make sure your gift has the impact you want and find the best fit for your philanthropic dollars. Here are some strategic giving opportunities:
- Naming Opportunities: Memorialize your commitment by naming spaces large and small on Mason’s growing campus. Examples could include classrooms, lab spaces, common areas, meeting rooms, and more.
- Scholarships and Fellowships: Mason’s diverse student population represents the tech workforce of the future. Establishing an endowed scholarship becomes a permanent tribute to your company or organization. Your generous financial aid makes it possible for promising students to attend Mason regardless of their financial status.
- Programmatic Support: Put your values into action by funding new programs (such as a speaker series) or supporting both new and established scholarly centers. An endowed gift could be used to name a center, program or the planned School of Computing in perpetuity.
- Faculty Support: Help ensure that Mason can recruit and retain the most inspiring innovators and leaders across a range of high-demand fields. Recognizing exceptional faculty and establishing named positions will associate your company with areas of research or scholarship critical to your field or industry.
Research and Innovation
Mason faculty conduct world-class research, scholarship, and creative work recognized across the nation and around the world. One of the top research universities in the nation, Mason is also the largest public research university in Virginia, accounting for almost 60 percent of the growth of higher education in the state in the last five years. Your company can contribute to research at Mason by partnering on sponsored research initiatives, technology transfer, collaboration with student innovators, and more—all planned within the new IDIA-HQ in Arlington.
Connect and interact with Mason’s extraordinary students through internships, externships, co-ops, or full-time employment. Representatives from your company may volunteer to conduct resume reviews, mock interviews, career panels, and other opportunities to meet talented Mason students and recent graduates.
Building your brand with students is critical for talent recruitment on any university campus. Once the building is delivered in 2025, there will be myriad opportunities to engage with students, including:
- Provide guest lectures or tech talks/briefings in courses where student cohorts of particular interest to your company are present.
- Meet with student chapters of professional societies on campus or invite them for a tour of your office coupled with meet-and-greet with executive leadership.